Well, you know or suspect you have a cursed object in your possession. You know you need to eliminate it but have no idea how.
When reading online, it can be very hard to know what route to take as there are so many different opinions depending on religion or belief system.
This article will share my most used methods of disposing of cursed objects from a multi-faith demonology standpoint.
Of course, there is never one and only one way to dispose of cursed objects. The methods might vary depending on the curse, faith, object, haunting, and situation. Refer to this step-by-step guide as a middle ground that covers most pitfalls.
Before you can dispose of the object, you need to break the spell. Otherwise, removing the item from your possession will not be good.
At the end of the article, you will find specific instructions on how to break curses cast within religions.
It is always good to remember that cursed objects are not scientifically proven to exist. However, many strongly believe that items can be cursed. If you want to learn more about if cursed objects exist, I invite you to read the article below.
Related article: Do Cursed Objects Really Exist? An Expert Weigh In
How to dispose of cursed objects
There are different takes on breaking curses and disposing of cursed items; there is no single way.
I have helped people eliminate nasty Ouija boards, cursed amulettes, and items with different curses and hexes. The one thing I learned is that it takes time and patience in many cases. There is seldom as easy as a prayer or sprinkling it with holy water.
Different religions and belief systems have different approaches to breaking curses and hexes. I lean towards a multi-faith method, as knowing what curse or spell is active can be very hard.
Therefore I use the multi-faith all-in-one method. When this fails, I resort to targeted rites. It is like shooting in the dark. You have to try until you succeed.
Breaking and burning cursed items
According to the Bible, cursed items should be burnt. You find examples of this in Deuteronomy 7:25-26, Deuteronomy 12:2-3 1, Kings 15:13, Acts 19:19, and Exodus 32:20.
Even if the Bible states that the only way to get rid of a cursed item is by burning it, taking a deeper look at the situation is always recommended. Just following along without independent thinking is nothing that I recommend when it comes to the paranormal.
In many cases, it seems like the motor behind removing, destroying, and condemning rites and rituals comes from a wish to eliminate competing religions and belief systems.
I never recommend burning, breaking, or destroying cursed items. If you have not succeeded in removing the curse, breaking it can be challenging if the thing is no longer intact.
You can’t reset the item and banish the negative energy. It might escape, find a new home in another object, and stay dormant. When you least suspect it, it will influence you all over again – or someone else.
Further reading: Beware of the Unseen: How to spot a haunted object
Step-by-step guide on how to dispose of a cursed item
In this step-by-step guide, you will learn how to get rid of a cursed item in your possession or that you find during ghost hunts. Never dispose of an item that is not yours without permission. You can inform the owner of the impacts of owning a cursed item, but you can’t force anyone to get rid of them if they don’t want to.
I often use this methodology when trying to break the cursed objects.
- Locate the cursed item.
- Ask the victim if they know or suspect the curse of a specific religion or belief system.
- Use a multi-faith method to break the curse if you can’t hone down on what type of curse it is
- Remove the object from the site or home.
- Cover any images or marks with spray paint.
- Bury it in an inaccessible area.
Let’s look closer at my multi-faith method to break curses and hexes.
Step #1: Protect Yourself
Taking precautions to protect yourself before handling a cursed object is essential. Always start by removing the object from the home or site. Please take it to a controlled area where you know that there are good vibes and energy.
Where should you take it? It is always best not to bring it to your home if you break the curse for a friend or client. The negative energy can escape and take refuge in your home. That is not desired.
I often use a neutral space that no one lives in, like a garage or shed. I cleanse the area with sage or Palo Santo and light white candles to up the vibrational state. You can go exceptionally hard on the incents because you don’t live there. It is essential to fill the whole space with smoke.
Make sure that you have a fire extinguisher nearby for safety reasons. If there are any neighbors close by, make sure they are informed. The last thing you want is the police, fire department, or ambulance showing up on your doorstep.
Wear gloves and a mask if necessary. This is because the material from the cursed item can get into your body.
You should never touch a haunted or cursed item with your bare hands.
Open a window or door and let the incense escape the space. All negativity should be gone before starting the breaking rite.
You will find a helpful article below to learn more about cleaning space with Palo Santo.
Related article: Cleanse your home with Palo Santo: 9 easy steps
Step #2: Research the Object
Take some time to research the history and significance of the cursed object. Find out where it came from, who owned it before you, and what kind of curse it’s under. This information will help you determine the best way to dispose of the object.
It can be a very challenging task to know what curse an object is under. Ask the victim to check what religions and belief systems are rooted in the community to get clues.
Step #3: Breaking the Curse and Disposal
Once you have gathered information about the cursed object, it’s time to decide on the best disposal method.
I have found that the most effective way to break a curse or spell of unknown origin is to acknowledge its presence, open it, break the curse, and close it correctly.
The rite works best if you use your own words, as it is the intent and meaning behind the magical words, not the words themselves. You have to believe in every word you say. There should not be any hesitation whatsoever.
- Start by acknowledging it. Say out loud that you are aware of the curse and that the energy holding the curse is hiding in the object.
- To open it, you say aloud that you have located the curse and know that the item holds negative energy.
- Break the curse by saying you have seen the power of the curse, and you now force it to be broken. Say that the curse is broken, and the negative energy can return to its origin.
- Close it. Finally, say that the item is now closed and that no negative energy has permission to stay. It has to return to its origin. In this place, only positive energy is welcomed.
- Break the energetic attachments. Use a selenite wand or crystal and circle the victim from head to feet, removing any energetic attachments to the object. You can read more about cleansing the aura with selenite here.
Burn Palo Santo or Sage to clear the space of any harmful energy residuals. Be sure in your heart that the negative energy is gone.
Make sure that the victim believes that the curse is broken. It will never work if they don’t fully believe the cord is broken. The power lies in belief. We all have the power to deny negative energy entrance, but when we are weak, we tend to think that we don’t.
Step #4: Prepare for Disposal
Before disposing of the cursed object, you must prepare for the process. I bury cursed or haunted items when I have broken the spell.
Dig a deep hole away from water sources or areas where people or animals might dig it up. Water acts like a conductor, which might lead to the negative energy escaping. We don’t want anyone else harmed by the bad vibes.
The item should be cleared by now, but just to be sure, it is always best to bury it as well.
Step #5: Dispose of the Object
Now it’s time to dispose of the cursed object. Please place it in the hole and cover it with dirt. If you want to, you can say a protective prayer. You find a powerful protection prayer here.
Step #6: Cleanse the Area
After disposing of the cursed object, it’s essential to cleanse the burial area to remove any negative energy or lingering effects of the curse.
You can do this by smudging the area with sage or another cleansing herb or using other appropriate energy-cleansing methods.
Walk away from the item without looking back. Be sure that the curse is broken and the item has no power over you anymore. Let it return to the origin, dust.
Following these steps, you can safely dispose of a cursed object and remove negative energy.
Remember to take precautions, research the object, choose the appropriate disposal method, prepare properly, and cleanse the area afterward. Consulting with a professional is always good if you have any doubts or concerns.
You can read more below if you want to learn more about how to dispose of a haunted Ouija board.
Further reading: Get rid of a Ouija board the safe way [Ultimate guide]
Breaking spells in different religions
Sometimes, it can be the easiest route to break the spell or curse with the help of religion. In these cases, it works best if you know what religion or belief system that is bound by the spell.
- Christianity. One way to break a curse is through prayer and faith in God. You can pray for God’s protection and ask for his help in breaking the curse. It’s also recommended to seek the help of a priest or minister who can perform a special blessing or exorcism on the object.
- Hinduism. The use of mantras and rituals can help break a curse. You can recite mantras such as the Gayatri or Maha Mrityunjaya mantra while performing a puja (worship) ritual. It’s also recommended to seek the help of a priest who can perform a special puja or yajna (fire ceremony) to break the curse.
- Buddhism, Chanting, and meditation can help break a curse. You can chant the Buddhist mantra “Om Mani Padme Hum” while meditating on the object. It’s also recommended to seek the help of a Buddhist monk who can perform a special ceremony to break the curse.
- Islam. Reciting verses from the Quran and seeking Allah’s protection can help break a curse. You can recite Surah Al-Falaq and Surah An-Nas while holding the object. It’s also recommended to seek the help of an Imam who can perform a special prayer or Ruqyah (Islamic exorcism) to break the curse.
- Judaism. The use of prayer and ritual can help break a curse. You can recite Psalms or the Shema prayer while holding the object. It’s also recommended to seek the help of a Rabbi who can perform a special blessing or exorcism on the object.
Breaking a voodoo spell
First, it’s essential to understand that voodoo curses are often related to personal relationships, jealousy, or revenge. If you suspect someone has placed a voodoo curse on you, try to identify the person or situation that may have triggered the curse.
Next, seek the help of a voodoo practitioner experienced in curse removal. They can offer guidance and perform a ritual to break the curse. It’s essential to find someone who is trustworthy and reputable.
During the ritual, the voodoo practitioner may use candles, herbs, or oils to help break the curse. They may also perform a spiritual cleansing to remove any negative energy that may be lingering.
It’s essential to approach this process with an open mind and a willingness to let go of any negative energy holding you back. Be patient and trust in the process.
Remember, breaking a voodoo curse is not an overnight process, and it may take some time to see results. Keep a positive attitude and trust in the guidance of your voodoo practitioner.